TiE YOUNG ENTREPRENEURS (TyE)
TYE (TiE Young entrepreneurs) is a TiE Global initiative dedicated to chapters integrating classroom sessions; mentoring and business plan competition aimed at High School students (grades 9-12). TYE is designed to teach high school students entrepreneurship and leadership skills. The TYE program is designed for a 16 week period which includes classroom instruction, mentoring support for business plan development, and culminates with business plan competition.
ABOUT TiE YOUNG ENTREPRENEURS (TyE)
To offer a global business plan competition along with structured curriculum, geared to educate and groom high school students as entrepreneurs and future leaders. The curriculum includes mentor-based programs, inspirational talks, hands-on classroom instruction and workshops, conducted by established industry stalwarts to foster innovation, leadership skills, creativity, and self-confidence.
Empower youth worldwide to be entrepreneurial and lead in a dynamic global environment through a unique integrated curriculum that can be modeled to meet local economic and social challenges.
Core Objectives of TYE
- Encourage Entrepreneurial Mindset from early age and provide insight into Entrepreneurship
- Develop business plan acumen and communication skills
- Discover the challenges and rewards of entrepreneurship
- Nurture to be a well-rounded personality with leadership qualities
- Instill confidence to lead in a global environment
- Strengthen team building acumen and collaboration amongst participants
- 16-week program – 8 modules providing insight, followed by 8 weeks of business plan development
- Monthly meetings including discussions and ‘my story’ sessions
- Company visits (Technology/Education/Health Care/Media & Entertainment/CleanTech etc)
- Management teams Business plan competition